CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Doo-ra" birthday party

Saturday was Maggie's 3rd birthday party. Ever since we planned Ragen's birthday party for last May, Maggie has been wanting a "Doo-ra" (Dora) party so we took the theme and ran with it. I had both kids' 1st birthdays at our house and swore I'd never do it again but I had a momentary lapse and figured it wouldn't be that bad so we had the party at home. We also had Dizzy's Tumblebus visit which was a blast for the kiddos. Since Maggie has a summer birthday, not very many kids could come which was actually a blessing because the party was really mellow and controlled. The best part is that Maggie had a wonderful birthday party and clearly enjoyed her special day!


The door sign I made which also had a darling banner with Maggie's name on it hanging across my porch but those pictures didn't turn out :(

The kids are ready to tumble! Madison, Alexandra, Emily Anne, Ragen, Ellie, Maggie, Cameron & Nate

Maggie couldn't seem to go down this slide fast enough. She loved the Tumblebus!

Receiving her medal at the awards ceremony at the end.


Poor Mackenzie was too little for the Tumblebus but she was still quite the party animal


Lunch and the darling Dora cake my mom made


It wouldn't be a 3rd birthday in my house without my kids throwing a fit when the birthday cake comes out. Maggie wouldn't even look up at the cake so Ellie blew her candles out for her.


The Dora bottlecap necklaces I made for the favors. Each had the Dora I created for the invites and the kids' names inside. A fun project once I got the hang of it :)

Goody bags! I found the BEST resource for custom cokkies! The Whimsy Cookie Co. is in Tennessee and definitely worth the shipping charges! Her blog features her orders and it was such fun to see all of her amazing creations. I will definitely be using her for other fun cookies! Laurie was fabulous to work with and her cookies are not only super cute but also super yummy!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

You may just be the craftiest mommy in the whole world. You are an inspiration to us all!

Elizabeth said...

You need to go into party planning! I am sooo impressed :)

Joci said...

super cute, keri! love all the details :)