CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Transformers...more than meets the eye

When it came time to plan Ragen's 5th birthday party, he begged and pleaded for a couple of things. He wanted a Transformers theme, he wanted it at a bouncy place, and he wanted goody bags. So demanding! :) Until now, I'd been able to plan everything about the parties, including the custom made cookie favors to match the theme. What mom wants a bunch of that party bag crap messing up her car on the way home?! I figured this was probably the year to cave since he'd been so agreeable for his first 4 parties.

This was also the first year we had a drop-off party. Yikes! Having drop-off for the 5th birthday seemed to be the trend. It was completely crazy but the kids had so much fun. I did ask a few of my friends to stay in order to help me corral the kids so a big thank you to them!
We hadn't intended on opening the gifts at the party but the kids sort of led the charge on that one and before I knew it, I was literally being trampled as I tried to sit next to Ragen reading him cards and noting who's gift was who's. Apparently it's a very exciting thing to hand your present to the birthday boy/girl!
Afterwards, we came back to our house with my mom and dad. Originally they were going to watch him open his presents but since that had already occured, we just did family gifts at that time.

Here are some of the highlights...
Daddy & Mags hit the slide
The kids parked it at the air hockey table - would have been alot cheaper to just rent one of those for our backyard!

All the party-goers

So proud of my big boy

Mimi pulls through with another amazing cake!
Thankfully this year he let us sing to him! (at his 3rd birthday party he started screaming NO and STOP at the top of his lungs)
Tabletop air hockey is fun for the entire family!

Clearly, he doesn't like this one
A make-your-own light saber kit from Mimi & Bumpa. A huge success!

0 comments: