CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sometimes they need a little push

As mentioned in a previous post about the raft at the Seattle Tennis Club, Ragen has this morbid curiosity about the water slide. He talks about it all the time and then when it comes time to do it, he freaks out. He's been out there with several friends who have all done it and the peer pressure doesn't sway him one bit (I guess that's a good thing, right?!). This past weekend Jeremy and Ragen made their way through the very choppy water to the raft and Ragen was totally psyched to go down the slide. He came back in from the raft two times with zero completed attempts.


Right before we were going to leave, Ragen decided he wanted to try once more. Jeremy climbed up with him with the intent of doing the first slide together. We were on the beach waiting and waiting and waiting...so I just yelled to Jeremy "Just go!" A split second later, he PUSHED my precious baby boy down the slide alone!! Even after being traumatized, Ragen decided to go down by himself again. I was so proud! When the boys got back to the beach I quickly asked what the heck that push was all about and Jeremy explained that the lifeguard wouldn't let them go tandem. I guess you do what you have to do!

As a side note, Kelley and I took Ragen & Davis out to the raft that same day. I haven't been out there in at least 10 years. We even went off the "10" which is the 10 foot diving board. No way was I attempting the 20!
.
There's Ragen about to drop into the water!

0 comments: