CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A comedy of errors

If you know me well, you know that I am always early. If I'm on-time, I'm late and that stresses me out like crazy. Well, I've fallen behind by about 5 minutes since kids so that usually puts me somewhere between 7 to 2 minutes early instead of the customary 10+. Anyways, you can imagine my HORROR when I was 30 minutes late yesterday. SERIOUSLY!


The kids were starting swim lessons at the Bellevue Club yesterday. All day I'd planned to leave around 4pm for lessons which would give me 30 minutes to get there and get the kids ready. 4pm...4pm...4pm. Well, dummy! No wonder 4pm sounded so familiar...that's what time the lessons STARTED! As I was putting the kids shoes on at 4pm, the lightbulb went on and I panicked! We raced to the club and I had to find someone to help me figure it out. I was hoping there was someway the kids could participate in a later class that day because they were so excited to swim. Thankfully they fit them both in at 4:30 and I could breathe a little easier. Although, I was bummed because I was meeting my friend Liz for a glass of wine while the kids had their lessons...4pm is the new 5pm, right?! Next time for sure!


So, we're off to a shakey start to say the least. Ragen was a rock-star at his class. What a little fishy! Poor Maggie was just out of sorts. It was a new pool that she'd never been in and it was pretty crazy in there with lessons going on all over the place. The teacher dunked her when she wasn't ready and it was all over from there. She cried the entire time. Bless her heart she sat right on the stair the whole time but crying (in between turns).


After lessons, we went to the locker room for showers. We have a pretty fluid routine down from all the swimming we do in the summer at the Tennis Club. So I just figured things would flow the same way. WRONG! I don't know why but it was a disaster. Maggie was still freaking out over every little thing and getting them showered, dry, dressed, and hair dried without getting soaked was impossible. I was sweating by this point!


We made our way to the front door and Maggie was still wimpering. I got this idea to buy them ice cream (for all that "great" behavior, right?!). Yes, it was 5:20 and we hadn't had dinner yet but I just wanted it to be a fun experience so that when we go back for lessons, Maggie will hopefully remember it wasn't that bad.


So, we go back tomorrow for more lessons. I'm hoping for a smoother afternoon and that my kids walk right by the ice cream on the way out the door. Not likely...


Oh, and I plan to leave at 3:30pm which should help!


Ragen "the fish" Kiefer

At this point Mags was still excited about her new "babing yute"

I stupidly bought them a small frozen yogurt each because the kids size was 25 cents more - next time I'll eat the 50 cents because these were at least twice as big as the kids size

0 comments: