CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Potty Talk

Finally! Maggie is finally potty training. I can't tell you how relieved I am because I was sure they were going to have to change the story about how "no kid ever goes to kindergarten in diapers..." She was showing absolutely zero interest so I just left it alone. But Tuesday night, she sat down on the potty (the only time she does and it's only because she's trying to stall her bath) and she went! I knew that as soon as she actually went on the potty, we'd be that much closer. She just had to have the feeling of doing it once so she knew what I was talking about.

Yesterday was Day 2 and she did awesome! I was cautiously optimistic that it wasn't a fluke. She went on the potty all day except for one time in her pull-up. Pretty great percentage if you ask me!

Today was a bit more hit & miss. She seems to be rather freaked out of going on "real" potties and she wasn't cooperative at Miss Wendy's for school. But she did hold it until after we went out to dinner. The whole way home she was yelling at me to hurry up and I couldn't figure out what her deal was (have I mentioned that she has soooo hit her "2's"?!) and when we walked in the door she went running for the potty and actually went. It'd been 4 hours and her pull-up was dry. You go girl :)

I just hope she keeps it up. Ragen was a dream potty-trainee and he never had a single accident. I never had to say "do you have to go potty" to him and he just went by himself. So I don't know how long this stage lasts but I do know that I hope it's over soon! Interestingly enough, Mags managed to wait to do this until Jeremy was out of town for a long golf weekend. I'm thinking he bribed her?!?!

0 comments: