CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quick trip

On Friday Maggie & I took a quick road trip to Portland to visit my friend Stephanie and her family. Funny story - I met Steph when we were in college but we went to different schools. She went to Colorado at Boulder and I was at UW. Her boyfriend from high school was a Fiji at the UW so she came to a dance with him and we met there. She & I kept in touch and then she ended up moving to Seattle after graduation so we became roomates for about 3 years. The boyfriend didn't last but our friendship did! Hard to believe we've known each other for 12 years now.


Mags & I hit the road Friday afternoon and it took us a grueling 4 hours to get there. It's normall a 2.5 - 3 hour drive. The rain was coming down in buckets the entire way and the traffic at the border was crazy because of the March Madness games at the Rose Garden. Anyways, we finally made it just in time for an early happy hour - boy did I need it! Maggie had a great time playing with Jacob (4) and Meredith (2) but seemed to have a special connection with their lab, also named Maggie. She was asking where the "hoo-hoo" could be at all times. We had a fun evening catching up and enjoying their new wine cellar and then spent some time the next day at the park. We headed home and luckily had smooth sailing the entire way.

I am so lucky to have Steph in my life and it was wonderful to get to spend some time in person even if it was brief. I look forward to her heading north next time! It was such a quick trip, I didn't even think to take any pictures of Steph and myself. Here's a picture from a visit she made up here when living in San Fran.

circa 2003
Meredith & Maggie playing Dora dress-up
What Dora might look like if she were on American Idol
Joel reads bedtime stories to Maggie & Jacob (Mer wasn't at all interested)


Getting some fresh air before hitting the open road to come home

Maggie & Maggie - buddies for life.

0 comments: