CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pit Stop

Maggie has made really good progress in the potty training department but we're not quite there yet. On the days she is with me, she goes the entire day with no accidents and I really don't have to remind her all that often as she goes on her own. On days she's with other people or at school, she doesn't seem to fare as well but the accidents are definitely decreasing. She's really trying hard and it's important to me not to let her get discouraged so I try my hardest not to let her have an accident.


Earlier this week, she had an accident in the car and was super upset by it. It's so different than when I was potty training Ragen. With him, if there was a true emergency, I'd just stop the car and let him pee in the nearest bush. Then I remembered that a few friends recommended I keep a spare potty seat in the car. Today I had the opportunity to use it for the first time and it worked like a charm! On the way home from school, she started screaming about having to go "so very bad." I was on the freeway and couldn't exactly pull over so as soon as I got to our exit I stopped the car. I couldn't help but snap a pic on my phone. Here she is doing her business on the side of the road. The important thing is that she was able to hold it until we got the car stopped and she is on her way to another accident-free day! Go Mags!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Mags, Yay Ker!!!! I should have done the same thing for my kids during potty training.

Durr Family said...

Bless her heart!

Anonymous said...

Would watch her strut around parking lot wit her panties at her ankles looking for some trucker to play with