CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 28, 2010

Ragen is 6!

How is it possible that my baby boy is SIX and finishing up kindergarten!?! Ragen was such a typical toddler boy. He was into everything and he was ALWAYS on the run! He didn't walk anywhere...always running. He rolled early, walked early, and talked early. Because of all this, his baby years seemed to go that much faster. He didn't sleep all that much though. That killed me! There were a couple of years there where I wasn't sure how I was going to survive him and his buzy ways (as my playgroup can attest to!). I really never would have expected that by the time he was 6, he'd be so grown up, so responsible, so compassionate, so goal-oriented, and all the other amazing things he is. The conversations we have floor me. The fact that he's writing and reading so well is astounding. All by the age of six. My little boy is growing up at light speed and I want it all to stop. NOW! Happy birthday buddy!!

For Ragen's birthday party, he of course wanted Star Wars. To say he's obsessed would be the understatement of the year. However it couldn't be a plain old Star Wars, it had to be LEGO Star Wars. And they don't make Lego Star Wars party stuff so I had to make it all myself. Of course I did... We had the party at the Bellevue Club and it was a great spot! We took over the gym and they put up their inflatable bouncy slide. They also set out all their balls, hula hoops, etc. So the kids just played. I think the highlight though (and what kept them the busiest) were the light sabers Jeremy & I made out of swim noodles. It was a riot! They each had a light saber with their name on it and we let them beat the heck out of each other. They LOVED it!!
.

The centerpieces which were personalized with things like "Ragen is 6" and "May the force be with Ragen" (I made the wrap-around portion and I can't take credit - I saw the idea online somewhere)


Ragen loved this part - YODA SODA! I put lime green sherbert and Sprite in the cups and the kids loved it. I wish I'd taken a picture of the cup full of green sludge!
The "MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU" banner and sign I made to coordinate with all the party stuff

Customized cupcake toppers. This was a huge hit!

The kids were in heaven when they realized this bag was full of light sabers! (By the way, if you don't already own a Merin Designs tote bag, you must get one for summer!!)

The kids battle the dark side!

Trying to get a group pic

Ragen's oldest friend Davis couldn't be at the party so we celebrated
with him that night

0 comments: