CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tennis Week

How does so much time get away from me? Oh yeah, those 2 darling little blond haired kids that I have with me all the time! Well, in an attempt to briefly catch you up I'll start here...

Every July, the Seattle Tennis Club has a member's only tournament called Tennis Week. For as long as I can remember we went as a family many times during the week to watch my parents and/or my parents friends while they played during Tennis Week. Last year was the first time Jeremy or I ever played in it. It was my very first real match - I'd only been playing for about 2 months. I was petrified! It didn't go so well but we had fun (plus the winners buy the losers drinks so we ended up with lots of free drinks that week!).

Fast forward to this year...Jeremy and I decided to play together again. I also played ladies' doubles with my childhood friend Kelley Stryer. Jeremy played singles as well. It made for a busy week of trying to find babysitters as no matches are set up ahead of time and you usually have 2 days to get the match scheduled and played. In the end Kelley and I didn't do so well (next year, right Kell!?!) and somehow Jeremy and I ended up winning our flight! We had an absolute blast playing together and I feel like I gained a ton of match knowledge by playing with him. We walked away with the crystal barware from Kusak's that is given away each year to the champs of each flight.

While we were thrilled to win, our Tennis Club bill was brutal that month after buying all those losers drinks. Oh well :)

.
Kelley & I at our first match. Our moms were Tennis Week partners back in the day.


Mark & Melissa were in town for a bridal shower so they came to cheer us on in the finals!

I take my ready position seriously...

Champs!! (no clue why my arms are folded like that?!)

The same week, Maggie had her 1st tennis lesson at the club. She loved it!
Getting a few pointers from Coach Jonathan

1 comments:

JTK said...

Enjoy that crystal! :)