CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

If you're lucky enough to be in Nantucket, you're lucky enough!

I had one of the most amazing opportunities last week. I went for 7 blissful days with girlfriends to Nantucket. I'd never been and have heard my dear friend Vanessa talking about this place for years. Both her daughters were baptized there and it's always been a very special family place for her so she really wanted us to see it. So Liz and I joined Vanessa plus her sister Janai and Janai's best friend from college and we headed back east! I am so fortunate that my wonderful husband gave me the green light to go and have my time while he stayed back to man the homestead and handle the kiddos for an entire week. I know it wasn't easy and I'm so incredibly lucky.


We did all the girly things - went out to breakfasts, lots of shopping, relaxed on the beach, ate amazing dinners, had a few skinnygirl mararitas along the way. I couldn't have asked for a more fun group of girls to share this experience with! I could go on and on and on...this trip was absolutely magical. I've got 100's of pictures so I'll just put up a sampling here.


Vanessa - I truly can not thank you enough for your generosity and hospitality. It was so special to see Nantucket through your eyes. I can't wait to take the families back someday.

.


The Nantucket airport looks exactly like all the other buildings there. Loved that! (Oh, and didn't at all love the puddle-jumper we took from Boston - scariest thing ever! My knees were literally in the pilot's back)


First day in town we headed straight for the wharf

It was really overcast but we were optimistic the sun might come out later?


Keri & Vanessa on the first beach day


3 amigos! I can't remember the last time I actually swam in the ocean

Time to hit the town - Liz, Vanessa & Keri


An unexpected FANTASTIC night! This was late night singing at the piano bar - The Club Car (Liz, Keri, Marissa, Vanessa & Janai)

Liz is glowing at 5 months pregnant!!
She was a great sport dealing with the rest of us!

Unforgettable!! Janai, Vanessa, Keri, Liz & Marissa

0 comments: