CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Maggie's day!

Today was Maggie's big day - her first day at Pilgrim. Last year was a fabulous "school" experience and we adore Miss Wendy but it really was more of a daycare situation. So this was Maggie's first day in her new class. She happily walked up to give Mrs. McTaggert & Mrs. Byus their apple cookies. In typical fashion, I forgot to snap a picture of her cookies and didn't even manage to get a photo of Mags outside our front door. I'm going to figure out this 2nd child neglect sooner than later - I hope!

We walked into school and it really was 50/50. I wasn't sure if she'd be totally fine given that she's been to school before and she's also been coming to Pilgrim with Ragen for 2 years. I also worried she'd scream & cry because she's been going through a mommy phase and has been very clingly the past 4-5 months. Luckily she made it easy on me and was a champ as we walked through the door. She instantly found some playdough and then moved onto the princesses. When I picked her up, she told me all about the books they read and how they do "criss cross applesauce" which made her giggle. I'm so thankful she loved her 1st day and that Pilgrim has such a great group of teachers to help with the transition. Way to go Maggie girl!

Maggie with her buddy & classmate Ellie

Does anyone have tips for convincing her to look at the camera - she does this is 95% of pictures!

Time for fun!
Very ladylike, honey...

1 comments:

Durr Family said...

Both kids in school! What are you going to do with all those hours?! I know I could fill them pretty easily!