CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me



Mother's Day is traditionally to show appreciation for the mothers of the world. And I was very happy to do that with my own mom and also my mother-in-law (long distance). But this year I took Mother's Day to mean something entirely different. I am so thankful to be a mom - and not just any mom - but a mom to Ragen & Maggie. I often think about how I ended up with the children I have and how I am so grateful that we found each other in this universe.

Last night we celebrated moms by having dinner at my parents with my grandma and mom's sister. I am honored to have such a loving and doting mother. She is there for me and my kids (and Jeremy too!) anytime we need her. It warms my heart that my kids absolutely love going over to my parents' house and having sleepovers. I am very lucky to have a mom (and dad really) who truly can't get enough of my kids and they only live 5 mintues away. Thank you Mom!!

Ragen made me a beautiful bead bracelet at school and one of the moms helped them make sihlouettes. Such special gifts! Ragen had also made me a card with a wonderful poem:

Mama's Shadow


When I was a kid (you know, last year)
I was like your shadow, always near


While learning what the world was about
I followed your footsteps day in and day out


There were so many things I wanted to know
You answered my questions and helped me to grow


All too soon Mama I will be grown
And making my way in this world on my own


When you remember the good times we had
And wish I was with you, don't be sad

Just stand by this picture and pretend
That I am your shadow once again


-Wanda Atkinson

0 comments: