CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1st day jitters

Today was momentous for us - Maggie's first day of school. OK, so it's more like glorified daycare but we call it school and it's the best I can do for a 2 year old. Mags started at Miss Wendy's today where Ragen went when he was 2. She runs a great program for 6 kids out of her house.

The first day jitters were all mine. I was nervous for weeks as I've got myself quite the little mama's girl. I just knew she'd be hysterical and then I'd go out and cry in my car. We've been talking about school alot trying to prep her and get her to understand that Maggie's school is different than Ragen's school. This morning we got her ladybug backpack all ready to go and she seemed OK. So, I dropped her off and there was nothing but a smile & a kiss!!! Maggie looked at me, smiled, kissed me goodbye and went on her merry way. I couldn't believe it! At pick-up Miss Wendy said she never got sad and had a great day. Then Maggie hugged her goodbye.

While a part of me is sad that my baby is starting the long journey that is school, I'm just so relieved that she wasn't sad today. My heart is happy!

0 comments: