CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

A summer tradition

Ever since I was a little girl, I can't remember a summer where we didn't go to the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe. Our family had a lake cabin just outside of Monroe so it was easy to go every year. Once Jeremy & I had kids, we started taking them and creating new memories. We even went the year Maggie was only 10 days old and my stitches were aching at the end of the day (TMI?).

Of course we had to start off by doing a few rides to quiet Ragen down and then we checked out the animals. Maggie's favorites were the cows and dogs. Ragen loved the pigs. Mags did not like the smell of the pigs at all! After dinner, we met up with the Stryers for more rides. The kids had a blast and we didn't leave until about 8:30. Just like at the Fun Forest, the only ride for Maggie was the car on the carousel ("no neighs, me caaaaa"). I'm still thinking Disneyland might be a bust for her?! We spent so much time on the rides that we didn't have time to walk through the sales tents - it's not the fair without watching the knife guys in honor of my dad! We did that EVERY year growing up.
.
circa 1979 (Keri & Uncle Mark)
2005
2006

2008




0 comments: