CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Potty talk

I absolutely love the preschool that Ragen goes to and the kids who are in his class are wonderful too. It's nobody's fault - I think it's just the age - but there's been an exponential increase in the potty talk in our house. We've really worked on nipping it in the bud and Ragen's been doing a great job with choosing his words more carefully. It's actually pretty rare now if we need to remind him "uh oh, potty talk..."

Last night we were driving home around bedtime and in order to keep the kids from fighting, we starting playing a word rhyming game with Ragen. I'd say a word and he had to come up with a rhyme. My first word was SHOE and Ragen immediately blurted out POO. It was so unexpected that Jeremy and I both starting chuckling (as quietly as possible) in the front seat. I told him that if he wanted to continue playing the rhyming game, he'd have to use words that aren't potty words. He immediately corrected me "Mommy, I wasn't talking about poo, I was talking about Pooh as in Tigger and Pooh. That is definitely not potty talk."

Clearly mommy needs to pull her head out of the gutter, or toilet bowl in this case.

0 comments: