CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Vacation from the vacation

The kids and I flew down to visit my parents in Palm Desert for about a week and we just got home. I swear, I need a vacation from the vacation. Mimi & Bumpa were extremely helpful and I couln't have done it without them but I truly don't think I tell my husband nearly enough how much I appreciate him and his help! To be the only parent 24/7 (and out of our own comfort zone) was a real challenge. The 105 degree heat didn't help either but luckily it cooled off a bit so we could spend more time outside.


This trip was a pretty mellow one - lots of pool time, a few trips to the squirty park, some great meals, our first visit to the Children's Museum and of course some shopping. Another highlight was a visit from Uncle Mark. Both kids adore him and you can tell how much he loves spending time with them. We got great news while we were all together - Mark got a fantastic job at Warner Bros. We're so proud of him!

The day we left Ragen said "Mommy, I have a hard choice to make. I really don't want to leave Palm Desert but I also really miss my school friends." So cute! We love going to PD and look forward to another trip in the spring...with daddy!




0 comments: