CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Rain or shine!!

It's become a Christmas tradition for our family and we weren't going to let a little rain get in they way! Between the huge party we had in mid-December and then all the hustle & bustle of getting ready for Christmas, there was literally 1 day that we could go and see Snowflake Lane this year and Jeremy wasn't even able to join us. :(


As we were driving towards the mall I was thinking "well, at least in the rain it won't be very crowded and it should be easy to park." Ummmm - wrong! Trying to get into the parking lot was proving to be such a nightmare that I even told the kids we'd probably end up missing the show anyways. Maggie sweetly reminded me to be patient (which literally caught my breath!) and just as I was pulling past the ticket pulling area (about to make a u-turn to go home), someone pulled out of one of the 6 parking spots right there on the ground level! She taught me such a valuable lesson in that moment!
We found a spot in the rain and just hoped the time would go quickly. I couldn't believe how crowded it was up & down both sides of Bellevue Way. Apparently Snowflake Lane is a big enough deal to lots of other families as well. The kids loved the show and I loved how the rain stopped right as the drummers came out.


0 comments: