CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Our President, Farack Obama


I've been getting a chuckle out of this little gem for the past week so I thought I'd share...a funny little election story.

Jeremy and I really haven't talked that much about the election or the candidates over the past few months. If we discussed it, it was always one of our date night conversations where we try really hard to talk about something other than the kids. So hard to do... Anyways, as we were watching the results roll in on election night, Ragen heard the word "Obama" and got super excited. He yelled "Hey that's Farack Obama and he's running for president. I want him to win." I quickly said oh you mean "Barack Obama" and he corrected me, "NO, F-F-F Farack Obama." Oh got it :) Obviously they had been talking about the election at preschool because the next comment he made was "He's against John McCain."

A few days later he heard the word "Obama" again and started talking about all the people in his class that voted for Farack Obama (him being one of them). Then he listed for me all the people in his class who voted for John McCain and how they were losers. Sorry McCain fans (Bumpa for sure!) he doesn't mean you're really a loser, just that you lost :)
Then tonight he saw my People magazine with Obama on the cover and once again excitedly said "There's Farack Obama again. He's our president now." Close enough. He followed that up with "He looks like Uncle Mark." Jeremy was hiding his laughter and asked why he thought that and Ragen's reply was "they both have dark hair."

I hope this is a perfect example of how the next generation is getting that much closer to being color blind since apparently Farack Obama and Uncle Mark were seperated at birth. :)

3 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Anonymous said...

I thought Farack looked familiar... it must have been b/c he looked like Mark!!!! That is an awesome story and how amazing that he even knew about the election.

Christine said...

That is so cute. I love the things little kids say :) So fun to get a window into your fam through this blog. Happy weekend!